Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pitch to Pixel Song Profile: Village

Ballads are hard for me to conceive sometimes, which is odd because some of my better compositions are ballads. Why is that? It is mainly because ballads require (at least for me) a little more inspiration than a rockin' tune.


Yet it is a little easier in Chipland, because we have such a wonderfully large palette to pick from: RPG town/village music. Yep, I've always really liked the nice little ditties that play in oldschool RPGs when you walk into towns to buy your silver swords, your iron gauntlet, and phoenix downs!

Village is created in this mold, but I do employ (musical geekout approaching!) the lydian mode to create something that is a little more exotic.

Anyway, here is a young lady playing a nice version of the Final Fantasy town music on an Ocarina! Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment