Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pitch to Pixel featured in Arcade Heroes and Waxing Erratic

One of the big challenges of doing a project like this is promotion. When you do something as an indie, you have to really hit the pavement hard (well, the virtual pavement of the internet at least) to get the word out. Especially since the very nature of this project excludes a pretty well worn business model: selling CDs at shows. I won't be doing shows anytime soon, except for maybe recording myself performing "live" for YouTube purposes (I currently don't have the right kind of equipment to facilitate that, but we'll see what happens in the future).

So I really, really, really (no, I mean REALLY) appreciate it when blogs and websites actually decide my stuff is worthy of their attention. In my experience, going back to my earlier days in music when I was in a jazz rock band called Paragon (whose debut album is still available, link to the left, and who may or may not have another album coming out soon... hint hint!), I've found that most places basically ignore you. And why not? There are countless people out there doing music. Why should you get special attention?

So the peeps that actually promote your music tend to be the people who connect with it on some level (i.e. they actually think its good).

Anyway, two websites have recently featured my stuff, and even though I've obscured the original intent of this post (to link to them and thank them) with my pseudo-philosophical ramblings, here they are:

Waxing Erratic has been an early and ardent supporter of Pitch to Pixel, and featured me in a post here.

Arcade Heroes, a really nifty site dedicated to coin-op gaming, features me here.

I'll have both listed in a new blogroll to the left for further reference. Thank you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment