Monday, May 3, 2010

Patience Song Profile: Paradise

Paradise is another one of my tunes, and occasionally, being a Christian, I'll title something that alludes to that. Paradise of course refers to, well, heaven aka "Paradise." Speaking of heaven (or at least a slice of heaven!), let's talk about Ben Wolkins on trumpet. All of us agree that having Ben on this album made this an even more awesome experience than if we had done it ourselves. Ben's trumpet playing took every song to a new level. Every time I think to myself, "this is my favorite Ben Wolkins moment on this album," I'll listen again and find something I like even more. Not to totally embarrass poor Ben, but I've even used snippets of his solos to illustrate proper improvising to some of my guitar students!

He takes the solo after the bass solo. I wrote a little interlude bit between each soloist, which was designed to help propel the soloist into a flurry of notes. Ben certainly takes off, that's for darn sure! His opening blast knocks my butt to the floor every time I hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment