Saturday, March 2, 2013

Composition Live Blog 3/2

Ok, time to live blog more composition. Right now Pitch to Pixel 2 stands at 2 1/2 songs complete out of the 10 tunes I need.

9:00 am-ish. Got briefly woken up by my daughter proudly announcing that she "slept in her bed all night." She's five years old. Facepalm.

12:00 noon At some point I woke up "for reals," cleaned up, shaved (yes, you need to KNOW these details!) and here I am, tea in hand (alas, no more pumpkin spice dunkin' donuts coffee, ugh), ready to make music.

12:00 - 3:45 - After numerous interruptions to "GIVE ME ATTENTION!" (daughter), I managed to complete "Lightning Force," a piece based on the Thunder Force shooter series... but it is missing something. I think I may want to add (dun dun duuuuun) real guitar playing on it. Yeah, I know, that is certainly not "chip," but I wanted to mix in a little of my playing, in a few spots. But....... I only have one guitar cord, my second one is fried, so I gotta run to the store to grab one (I need two cords to make my setup work). 

3:45-5:58  Lightning Force in the can! Ugh, I can't be spending this much time on each tune or else this album isn't getting done, but man I had a lot of fun laying down a *real* guitar solo on this one. This one is the most "hybrid" track I'll probably feature, with Genesis style rhythm guitar and bass, realistic sampled drums, and real guitar.

1 comment:

  1. Pro-tip: "...and here I am, bottle of JD in hand..." sounds a lot better than tea or, God help you, "pumpkin spice dunkin' donuts coffee"--plus it sure does sound more musicianly<--apparently this is an actual word.

    ReplyDelete