Saturday, July 31, 2010

Zing! Another Sale!

Ok, more encouragement as Pitch to Pixel finally, at long last, enters the BLACK after one more sale (an iTunes album purchase). Thank you whoever it was, who bought the album last month or so!

The thing about sales is that it says, "make more music." It works like this:

1. I slowly, eventually get into the black, averaging just about 1-2 sales per month.

= "I'll eventually get around to making more music. Probably before the end of 2010, maybe."

2. I see about $25 per month of sales (about 3 or 4 albums or so per month)

= "Hmm, I need to actually plug my keyboard in and start writing a song, like, very soon."

3. I get about $75 worth of sales in a month (about ten albums)

= "I drop everything, this is my top priority, making more music for all these nice wonderful people"

4. > $100 in sales in a month

= "GO GO GO MAKE MUSIC DON'T THINK MAKE MUSIC NOW NOW NOW GOOOOOO!!!!"

So, um, yeah, that's how it works. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment